What's the value of doing the summer shift from 11 am to 7 pm weekdays?
This summer, MiEnergy Cooperative will encourage members to reduce (or shift) electric use on weekdays between the hours of 11 am to 7 pm during the months of June, July and August.
During those times our region's wholesale power costs are highest.
What does it mean? Members have the ability to help the co-op save thousands of dollars on its wholesale power bill--which in turn means lower electric rate increases in the future.
Powering down this summer is essential for helping to control costs. It's easy. Get the whole family involved:
- During the week shift electric use to times outside 11 am and 7 pm.
- Delay the start of the dishwasher.
- Turn up the thermostat.
- Shift the start of laundry.
- Be conscientious of electric use when using computers, TVs and gaming systems during that time frame.
- Take advantage of natural light in offices and homes.
- Put the dehumidifier on a timer.
MiEnergy is confident that the combined efforts by members to reduce electricity use between the hours of 11 am and 7 pm this summer will make a difference. Thanks for your help with this important effort and look for our reminder messages in June, July and August.