Hawkeye REC acquired ownership of Heartland Security January 1, 2011. Heartland Security is owned by 13 rural electric cooperatives in western and southern Minnesota and north Iowa. Heartland Security installs GE Security Pro alarm and security systems and currently protects 6,000 customers with many different needs.
Heartland Security offers people more than just burglar alarms. It is the cooperative link to security in every sense with a comprehensive set of features available:
- Temperature and ventilation sensors protect valuable livestock on farms. An alarm signal is sent if conditions fall above or below the pre-set levels.
- Medical alarms allow people to remain independent in their homes longer with 24 hour emergency assistance available at the press of a button.
- Door and window sensors arm any window or door in the home and may also be used to safeguard anything in your home that contains valuables such as jewelry cases, gun cabinets, collections and antiques.
- Glass break sensors are sensitive to specific frequencies caused by breaking glass and are usually placed on the ceiling in the center of a room. They are particularly economical in rooms that have a number of windows.
- Motion sensors employ passive infrared technology to detect the body heat of an intruder. A burglar entering through an unprotected window, for example, is still detected.
- Smoke sensors and carbon monoxide sensors will alert authorities of a potential problem, even if the property owner is away from home.
Heartland Security also offers a lifetime warranty and installs commercial alarm systems that include monitored intrusion and fire protection, card access systems to limit and track entry into and throughout the premises, and camera surveillance systems to record activity.
For more information about security systems contact:
Regional Sales Manager
(personal emergency response systems)
Heartland Security brings you the opportunity to maintain your independent lifestyle with your own personal emergency response system. With the unit installed in your home, you can get help anytime of the day or night.
How does it work?
- If you need help, simply push the HELP button on the unit or the wireless pendant worn as a bracelet or necklace.
- Digital information (name, address and medical history) is automatically sent to the response center and they can converse with you through the 2-way speakers on the unit.
- Dispatchers are available 24/7/365. They will check on your condition and immediately call people on your pre-determined emergency contact list (close neighbors, friends or family members). In the case that no one can be reached, the appropriate authorities will be dispatched to your location.